Discovery Pack | 60 Pods
50 Caffeinated Pods, including our New Ethiopia Espresso, plus 10 decaf pods for when you need to wind down a little. All Nespresso Original Compatible®. 100% Compostable. Coffee includes:
Bold | 10 Pods
Source: Seasonal Blend from Brazil & Uganda
Serving size: 40-110ml
Flavour Notes: Dark chocolate, treacle, vanilla.
Exotic | 10 Pods
Serving size: 40ml
Flavour Notes: Crisp acidity, medium body, floral aromas, rich sweetness.
Rare | 10 Pods
- Source: Brazil Daterra
- Type: Arabica
- Strength/Intensity: 7
- Best Serving size: 40ml [can take up to 80ml]
- Flavour Notes: Layered cacao, hazelnuts and cedar
Cortado | 10 Pods
- Source: Seasonal Blend from Bali & Brazil
- Type: Typica /Fine Robusta
- Strength/Intensity: 8
- Serving size: 80 ml
- Flavour Notes: Baking chocolate, treacle, cedar and spice.
Ethiopia | 10 Pods
- Source: Ethiopia Jimma
- Type: Heirloom
- Strength/Intensity: 9
- Serving size: 40ml only
- Flavour Notes: Cacao, cedar, brittle toffee.
Decaf | 10 Pods
- Strength/Intensity: 7
- Best taken: Between 40ml-110ml
- Source: Guatemala
- 100% compostable capsules
- Carbon neutral capsule production
- Carbon neutral coffee roasting
- Additional tree planting that offsets emissions equivalent to London >> Venice by car.
Our aim for the Bold was to recreate the versatility of a Roman espresso shot. Enjoyable taken as black. But powerful and able to punch through milk perfect for a wide variety of different drinks. Add a little milk to lighten the shot for a perfect flat white. Or Use the Lungo button with a dash of warm frothed milk for a perfect latte. This punchy all-rounder extracts well from 40ml to 110ml.
The Exotic range is always about discovery – finding new flavours . This wonderful light and complex Peruvian is best served at 40ml without milk. It’s light and tremendously complex - peachy, creamy and refreshing. Main Growing Regions: Amazonas, Ayacucho, Cusco, Huánaco
These farms are the oldest coffee plantations in the Brazilian Cerrado region and remain amongst the best coffee producing areas in the country. High altitude terroirs provide unique flavours and aroma profiles.This farm is packed with historical accolades, including: Brazil's most sustainable farm & a Cup of Excellence Finalist.
A mainstay of café culture in Spain and Portugal. A Cortado uses less milk than a flat white and a fraction of the milk used in a latte. This powerful shot bridges the gap between black coffee and milk-based drinks. Pour the short button twice for 80ml then add warm milk to taste. This coffee has the most caffeine in our range, so provides the perfect morning kick.
Coffee initially evolved from Ethiopia - this creates the highest number of different types of coffee plants in the world. Flavour profiles range from “tea like” floral coffee to powerful higher caffeine shots as grown in the Jimma region. We have selected this powerful shot specifically for a 40ml serving size. Add a little milk or drink black. Using the 40ml espresso short button for this specialist shot is really important to maximise the taste experience.
To begin the decaffeination process, green coffee beans from Guatemala are soaked in hot water to dissolve the caffeine. After soaking, the water from the first round of green beans is percolated through activated charcoal (it really ought to be called the Swiss Charcoal Process.) The beans are returned to the hot water, where they reabsorb the remaining, caffeine-free flavor constituents from the water.
- Roar Gill's Compostable Pods are compatible with Nespresso Original Machines.
- Our pods are not compatible with Nespresso Vertuo machines.
- Examples of original line machines include:
1) Nespresso Essenza Mini by Krups
2) Nespresso Krups Pixie
3) Nespresso Magimix Inissia
4) Nespresso CitiZ & Milk Coffee Machine by Magimix
5) Opal One Machine
Other Original style machines are also available.