Starter Pack | 40 Espresso Pods
40 Coffee Pod Starter Pack. Nespresso Compatible®. Roar Gill Coffee Pods are Compostable and Organic:
Bold Lungo | 20 Pods
- A more intense profile, making this Sumatran coffee very versatile - extracting beautifully between 40ml - 110ml.
- Chunky flavour with a chewy cocoa body, leading to a bitter sweet cooking chocolate after taste. Distinctive notes of spices, cocoa and tobacco leaves.
- At a 40ml espresso shot, the Bold is intense standalone, or punches through longer coffee with a splash of milk.
- Independently tasted tested - speciality coffee - graded at 83/100 points
- Intensity: 8 out of 10.
Exotic Espresso | 10 Pods
- Prepared by Ramadhan Salum, Burundian producer, who set up several wet mills in the Kayanza region of Burundi. This farm is a previous Cup of Excellence Winner.
- At a 40ml shot, the Exotic creates black aromas of honeycomb and tastes of toffee, leading to a syrupy sweet sugar cane aftertaste.
- Independently tasted tested - speciality grade coffee - at 87.5/100 points
- Intensity: 7 out of 10.
Rare Ristretto | 10 Pods
- Adin Ramos produces certified Marcala coffees - one of the greatest origins in Central America.
- At a 40ml the espresso shot, the Rare produces layered creamy milk chocolate notes, cocoa syrupy body – hazelnut – bright acidity.
- Independently tasted tested - speciality grade coffee - at 87.5/100 points.
- Intensity: 6 out 10.
Tasting scores over 80 represents the top 3-5% of the world production.
Tasting scores over 85 and above are cup of excellence winning scores - quite simply some of the greatest farms in the world.
This coffee is prepared by Ramadhan Salum, Burundian entrepreneur and producer, who has invested to set up several wet mills in the Kayanza region of Burundi. Sun-dried on African beds, this red bourbon is our KIBOKO Label coffee.
Burundi is a small country located between Rwanda, the DRC and Tanzania. The country produces mainly Arabica coffee, more often than not from the "bourbon" variety, prepared using a washing process.
Coffee is grown at high altitudes between 1800m to 2100m on average, and is often characterised by a bright acidity and pleasant notes of citrus, which is particularly the case in the coffees grown in the Kayanza region.
Adin Ramos, produces coffee located in the region of Montecillos. He produces certified "Marcala"coffees, which owns a Denomination of Origin (the 1st of Central America) and is one of the greatest origins in central America. Marcela is a town located in La Paz County, in the south-west of Honduras.
About sixty producers decided to get together to form the private society COMSA (Café Orgánico Marcala). Today, it has grown to more than 700 - all employees are producers. The cooperative subsidises community education and has also created a tasting and organic agriculture classes for all producers.
Adin Ramos' microlot is organic and certified Bird Friendly (local fauna and flora protection).
In 2013-2014, Adin's farm suffered a lot from the Roya [leaf rust], but thanks to his alliance with COMSA, they set up new production and organic fertilisation techniques, allowing him to quickly get incredible micro lots into production.
Ketiara is a female lead farm cooperative that is the go to organisation for great coffees Indonesia has to offer.
The coffee is 100% natural organic and shaded grown. Located in the Takengon Highland Central Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia.
Indonesia is an archipelago composed by more than 15,000 volcanic islands. Coffee production comes from the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Flores, Sulawesi and Papua.
Sumatra is known for its diversified production systems that preserve animal species, but also for its agro-climatic that allows 2 harvests per year.
All Ketiara coffees are harvested by hand.
Exotic | Rare | Bold
Exotic | Bold
Roar Gill coffee capsules use a cutting-edge corn-starch-based bioplastic that is certified to be 100% compostable along with all our packaging.
Whether composting at home, through a council food waste collection or in landfill.
We prefer to build our ideas concerning sustainability into every pod, rather than asking our customers to do the work for us.